Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Irises Are Nature's Eye Candy

Irises are one of the most popular perennial plants found in gardens throughout the United States.  Some of the reasons why they are so popular is that they are usually very easy to grow, and they come in a variety of colors and sizes.  They produce wonderful showy flowers that are enjoyable to view, and make for some spectacular macro photographs. Here is a sampling of irises that I've captured here in Fort Collins, Colorado.












If you'd like to see more of my iris photos check out my Flickr photostream at:


Thanks for stopping by.

Mike



2 comments:

  1. Hiya Mike,
    Worked my way back to the beginning of your blog and I am gobsmacked. What perfection and what a delight.
    I realize that I hadn't seen genuine macro's until now. A real treat. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. joco - Thanks for your comment! (Sorry for just now getting back to you, but I just discovered your comment.) I'm glad you enjoyed my photos.

    Have a great week!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete