Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Good-bye Fort Collins!

Good-bye Fort Collins! by phoGARDENtog
Good-bye Fort Collins!, a photo by phoGARDENtog on Flickr.

I've accepted a job offer from an engineering firm in Austin, Texas called, Bury+Partners. My starting date will be February 13th. Needless to say, I will be very busy over the next five weeks. I am extremely grateful to have this opportunity! I'll see you down the road.

I captured this Otomeria at the CSU Annual Flower Trial Garden in Fort Collins, Colorado. (Zuiko 50mm macro, f/6.3, 1/400 sec., 200 ISO, handheld)

P.S. - I have certainly enjoyed photographing the beautiful flowers at the CSU gardens over the past three summers. I will miss having easy access to such amazing specimens. Luckily for me, Austin has the Zilker Botanical Gardens and the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job! Austin is a cool town, as in you'll have a lot of good photo opps. Otherwise, hot as Hades. My husband and I have talked about retiring there one day. Hope the new gig is all you hoped it would be. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gail. The company I'm going to work for appears to be a great company, with lots of work - an excellent combination, especially in this economy. And, I agree with your assessment of Austin. It's definitely one of my favorite cities in Texas, and we have family and friends living in and around Austin.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. I'm very excited!

      Delete